HOW DID IT TAKE ME THIS LONG TO TRY RED WINE BROWNIES!? No- not just a sip of red wine to chase a rich brownie, but red wine COOKED INTO the brownie mix. I don’t know why this never crossed my mind but thank goodness it did cross someone else’s! Sarah at BromaBakery Blog hooked it up with these amazing brownies I’m sharing today and has officially created a monster out of me.
Also- the batter is so good that the brownies almost didn’t get baked as the wine chocolate flavor is so strong in the batter I wanted to eat the whole bowl. Yes- I know there are health risks in eating batter. No, I do not care. 😀 Of course, lick the bowl at your own risk, but I have yet to ever regret it. Especially with these! The only reason these did get baked is because I was making them for a co-worker to celebrate her upcoming wedding. Who knows what will happen next time.
Let’s get going
As always, it’s easiest to pull out all the ingredients and tools you’ll need ( see Kitchenaid) and go ahead and pre measure as much as you can! Anyone else as obsessed with this cherry red kitchen aid color, as I am!? It was my Christmas present this year and in an otherwise very white kitchen- it POPS so well! Thanks Mom <3
Melt butter and chocolate together over low heat so not to burn.
In the stand mixer, whisk the brown sugar and slowly add in the melted chocolate. Then add room temperature eggs one at a time, beating for another 30-60 seconds until color of batter has slightly lightened.
Add dry ingredients and then last but far from least- pour in the wine! Beat for another 30 seconds.
Pour and flatten the batter that more resembles icing, into a butter greased baking dish and pop into the oven for about 40 minutes ( or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean)
Serve with more wine, fresh raspberries and vanilla ice-cream and dig in!
xo, Hungry Hungry Hannah
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 cup light/dark brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red wine I used pinot noir
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper or rub with butter.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add in chopped chocolate, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted completely.
- In a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, add in brown sugar. Slowly pour melted chocolate mixture into brown sugar with the mixer running on medium speed.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, with the mixer still on. Beat for 30 seconds, until the color of the batter lightens just a bit.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in cocoa powder, flour, salt, vanilla extract, and wine, beating for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 40 mins, or until a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean.