Enter a delicious, easy clean up, sheet pan dinner! You can make it ahead & let it marinate for up to a day.
Adam and I follow the “whoever cooks doesn’t clean” rule, but with two people who equally love to cook and equally hate the dishes, it often results in rock paper scissor battles OR, the worst method…. who can out wait the other. But- this recipe is the easiest clean up ever. You fold up the tin foil and throw it away! TADA!
Leaving more time for your evening routine- whether that be Netflix binging, reading, exercising (go you) or putting kiddo’s to bed. Plus- did I mention it’s delicious?
Do not let the # of spices listed scare you! These are spices that are worth having in your spice rack anyways and you can make it work without all of them.
This recipe is based off of Smitten Kitchen’s Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka but with a few changes for personal preference & ease.
- Imagine tandoori chicken meets chicken tiki masala topped with taziki. Tastes exotic but has simple ingredients.
- Chicken thighs or chicken breasts work equally as great
- Allows you to cook the veggies & chicken all at the same time on same pan. Winning.
- Veggie options- cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes, sweet potatoes ( or any combination of these)
- Awesome Indian flavors that develop quickly but are mild in heat.
- Tastes great with a simple yogurt/tatziki sauce
Scroll to the bottom to use the easy to print version of this recipe!
- Chop chicken breasts into medium sized chunks, if chicken thighs trim the fat
- Combine the greek yogurt, chopped ginger, minced garlic, minced jalapenjo, salt and spices in a freezer bag. Add the chicken to the freezer bag and move around bag to coat evenly. Let marinate in fridge from 30 minutes to a day.
- When ready to cook- preheat oven to 425 farenheit and line the baking sheet with tin foil. Coat the foil with olive oil.
- Toss cauliflower or whichever veggies you choose with the olive oil on sheet pan. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and a sprinkle of cumin. Easiest to toss by hand and make sure evenly coated.
- Make room in the veggies for the chicken pieces. It’s okay if things touch and are a bit crowded.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes and then take out to toss the veggies to make sure they’re cooking evenly. Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Tangy red onions- my favorite part of this meal. Slice 1/3 of a red onion, separate so they are small rings or half rings and toss in a small bowl with lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside in the fridge while the chicken cooks.
- The greek yogurt/taziki sauce: Mix together 1/2 cup greek yogurt, juice of 1 lemon, garlic clove pressed, salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside in fridge.
Serve the chicken over a bed of basmati or jasmine rice or if you’re going carb free just eat with the veggies! Don’t forget to top with the pickled red onions and some greek yogurt sauce and ENJOY!